Guatemala Temple

Guatemala Temple

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I'm so glad we found this!"

Chris said let's go to a hotel. How could I say no to a getaway? Yipee!!! So, I packed our things for two nights and when Chris got home at 4:00 on Thursday night, away we went to Seattle. We stayed two nights in a hotel across from Lake Union and we had such a fun time! We went swimming, ate too much, and spent time with family. It was a great mini trip for us as a family before we had to say goodbye to dad for a whole week. Chris had to fly off Saturday morning to Deleware for work for 6 days!
When we first arrived at the hotel, the kids ran to this cool fountain.
We went swimming A LOT. It was Chase's first time swimming "all by myself",well...with the water wings of course. It was a step up for him. While I could possibly take all 3 kids by myself, I'm not sure I'd attempt it yet.
There is a great little trolly-train that we jumped on right in front of our hotel that took us right into downtown Seattle.
We had a gift certificate from Chris' brother and sis-in-law to Cheesecake Factory. YUMMY! We had a great time. We even got some delicious cheesecake to go! (This was our best family shot; our waiter had some serious shakes going on...hmmm?)

We met up with uncle Matt, Aunt Bri, Olivia, Uncle Zack, Aunt Carrie, and Dylan at Bucca di Beppo. A restaurant we have been hearing great things about for years. We finally made it, and boy was it Goooooooooood!!

We had such a good time that we decided we need to come again and again. It's fun to get away from the normal routine and not have to drive too far to do it!

3 comments:

  1. mandy, i can tell your such a good mom! your fam is too cute! Beeville. AAAHHHH! I still have nightmares of our apartment, and Denise the land lady! Yikes! you need to come visit! Hillory might come up in the summer! I would love to get our little boys togethor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, so I look ready to cry in the restaurant picture, what was I thinking of? Thanks for letting us invite ourselves on your mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hotel getaways! Great idea Chris! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Your little guys are at such cute ages. What a fun time for your fam. And... I'm in LOVE with Cheesecake Factory. I highly recommend the Chocolate Coconut-- it's amazing. Hope you're surviving your week without Chris. It's so hard when they're out of town. Justin is headed to CA for 4 days in a couple weeks... not happy about it! :)

    ReplyDelete