Guatemala Temple

Guatemala Temple

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's been a great fall!

I should've never written "hold me to this". That was just a preconceived notion...well not that I knew I would neglect our blog for this long, but life just happens and I wasn't very good at documenting on time. So I will attempt to catch up! We've had a wonderful fall starting with wonderful unprecidented sunny weather.
Here is Brody and Chase cheering Blake on while riding Chase's bike. Chase just took it upon himself that he was done with training wheels and basically taught himself how to ride in one day. After seeing the older boys doing it, Blake wanted to try it and do it just like the other boys.
Here are the kids in Chase's preschool. We went to Huntamer pumpkin farm. We do a co-op so every 6 weeks we host the kids at our house. It's really fun and all the kids are so cute.
We decided to try homeschooling this year with Brody. But he does go to a few classes at ORLA. It's a school run by the Olympia School District that is really organized for homeschooling families generally. Brody attends a reading class on Mondays, then an art and computer class on Wednesdays. He really enjoys it. Here he is on the playground between classes.

Kristi, my bestest friend since sophomore year of high school, and I decided to take a girl's trip. We drove up to Seattle and stayed in a hotel for a night without kids!!!! We shopped and ate (Cheesecake factory twice--I had the red velvet cheesecake 3 times! I actually brought a slice home to Chris but ate it before he could! It's shameful, but once you eat that cheesecake, you will understand!) The girls night out was sooooooooooooooo much fun! We laughed so hard and talked and talked and talked. Kristi is really like the sister I never had. I was telling Chris how I was a little embarrassed as I realized how quickly I fell back into that "single" phase....meaning, life was all about me and what I wanted. Anyway, reality hit when I came home and I hugged my kids and they said, "what did you bring me?" Ahhhh, nothing, but I have a lot of stuff I brought home for mommy! Hee heee! It was fun to be selfish for a day and a half! I told Chris I want to do it every fall. He said you should go more than that! Done! You heard it folks. It's documented. Chris was very good to take the kids for me and let me have a moment to myself. He's a great husband and father to our kids. I didn't worry about them for one minute. I knew they would be having a blast together.



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Chase is on a 2 wheeler. Kyle has attempted it but so far no luck. Oh, and the preschool photo made me a little sad we moved. That looks like a fun group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy! I am so glad that you could have a little girl time. I totally need moments like that in my own life. You look so cute in the picture with your friend. So stylish.

    ReplyDelete